With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, trendsetting lovebirds everywhere will have an opportunity to dress up for dinner or cocktails in true fashionista form. Even if you’re single this February and marking the occasion with your closest girlfriends, there’s nothing quite like a little red dress or a hint of pink lace. As we await the day of chocolate hearts and gleaming jewellery, we’ve curated a few frocks that will surely suit your plans for February 14th.
1) ASOS Lace Fluted Sleeve Scuba Skater Mini Dress, $112: For a more contemporary spin on the classic lacy sheath, try slipping into a statement frock with accent sleeves. This skater dress makes a statement with its flowery lace bodice, lace panel skirt and oversized bell sleeves. The subtle rosy colour is also a minimalist alternative to darker red and pink tones.
2) Bardot Kira Crochet Ruffle Dress, $168: If you are a fan of bright crimson tones, then this ruffled dress just might brighten your Valentine’s Day. With its lipstick shade, frilly cap sleeves and subtle cut-out accents, this airy and feminine frock fits into the spirit of the holiday.
3) Eliza J Lace Bell Sleeve Dress, $206: With flared skirts and delicate lace setting the stage for a romantic mood, this coral-hued frock is a style solution. We are admiring the fluttery bell sleeves, allover lace and short, playful hemline on this particular piece.
4) Likely Brooklyn Front-Slit Dress, $256: For those who prefer simplicity, a mauve pink slip dress just might be the way to switch up your style. With its spaghetti straps, front slit and V-neckline, this mid-length number is a pretty sight. Try accessorizing with a statement necklace or dangling earrings, or carrying a metallic clutch to bring sparkle to your ensemble.
5) Aidan Aidan Mattox Flounce Cold-Shoulder Gown, $269: If your Valentine’s Day is set to be a bit more glamorous, a floor-length frock could be your answer. This scarlet gown is detailed with thin straps, cold shoulder accents and feminine ruffles.